Are we a society of foodies? Have we sabotaged our social life with opportunities to meet to eat?
Are you meeting friends for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Or are you going to meet for a cup of coffee? There is not a coffee shop around that does not sell pastries, sandwiches, packages of nuts, health bars, juices and even packets of organic fruit blends that can be sucked right out of the soft side package.
We all know about those impulse items. They are not usually planned and often do not make the pages of our food journals. Almost like, if we do not write it down, it doesn’t exist. I only know this from first hand experience, by the way.
There is nothing like the truth but the truth. So I must confess – If I am traveling, especially to coastal or larger cities, I do like to plan some time around restaurants, cafe’s and bistros not available to me in small town, Midwest.
On my continuing journey to be a better me, I have noticed that people around me are concerned about the fact that I am not partaking of menu items. But rather just a coffee or a tea. In the early stages, it made me feel bad. To the point that I would decline an invitation! WHAT?
The choices I am making as I work on small lifestyle changes are for me. Part of my process is to make wise choices about what is best for me. And a huge plus, if I am not eating, I get to hold my great nephew while everyone else eats. I can’t even begin to tell you how happy he makes my heart!
10 things I have personally discovered thus far:
1. I am worth it!
2. The good china will not use itself, so I get it out!
3. I can drink my water out of crystal wine glasses if I want too!
4. Lighting a candle at breakfast adds a little whimsy!
5. Cooking for one, can be done!
6. Packing a food bag can, indeed, keep me sane!
7. Make little moments in each day count!
8. Share the love, there’s more than enough to go around!
9. Meditation is a process, don’t give up!
10. Start and finish each day with gratitude!
Weigh in! What is your favorite meal? Do you meet to eat or just go to enjoy the company? The home made latte featured above was an awesome start to my day! And had 18g of protein. Crazy good!
Until next time, take care of you!